There's no requirement to use the BaiCells OMC and EPC.

When Ubiquiti royally screwed up the ToughCable situation, what did they do? They shipped out replacement ToughCable at absolutely no cost to the end-user. They acknowledged their screw up and they made it right. In some cases they even shipped extra boxes of cable to "cover the time" for labor.

What did BaiCells do? Basically said "yeah sorry... here buy some new stuff".

That's the difference in these two situations.