https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/china-s-mobile-carriers-lose-15-million-users-as-virus-bites

Apparently it's about 20 million mobile phone subscriptions canceled over the course of January and February combined.  Except they have 1.6 Billion mobile subscriptions.  That's about 0.6% drop each month.  If you had 2000 subscribers that'd be like 12 cancelling in January and 12 cancelling in February.  You would probably notice, but it's not as insane as the raw number would imply.

They have a workforce of around 750,000,000. https://tradingeconomics.com/china/employed-persons

Their unemployment rate went from 3.6% in December to 6.2% in February. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/china-economy-millions-lose-their-jobs-as-unemployment-spikes.html

A change of 2.5%, which is 18,750,000 people.  How many of them paid for a phone for a spouse/kid/girlfriend?

Sorry, I'm thinking that 20,000,000 mobile phone subscriptions lost actually seems to add up just fine.