From: AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com] On Behalf Of Chuck McCown
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:56 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT print to a phone

Great ideas from everyone.  I am leaning more towards an app.  Like self
checkout.  Hit the button, select the type of material and it registers the
load with the office.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 26, 2020, at 8:13 AM, Brian Webster <i...@wirelessmapping.com> wrote:

Google Voice lets you text from your account using the web browser. Scale house
can set up a free Google Voice account. You can text with pictures or other mms
content. Could the scale operator just ask for the phone number using the
intercom, type it in and hit send? Bluetooth is going to be a problem. Drivers
won’t have it turned on, crappy phones won’t connect to it etc. I like the
taking the picture of the monitor especially if the monitor is displaying a QR
code. Weight would be there, truck number and a QR code link to the official
ticket record if they really need it. Put up a big enough monitor so the driver
can take the picture right from the cab. Wondering if the electronic log
systems could not have a camera installed to take the picture or scan the QR
code and have it automatically entered in to their logs. The same camera could
be used and left running as a dash cam as well in case there are ever any
accidents.

Thank you,

Brian Webster

www.wirelessmapping.com