From: fiber...@mail.com
To: af@af.afmug.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:42:00 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Elevation question

FYI, Trimble has an RTK receiver with a pay-as-you-go plan. The receiver
(Trimble Catalyst DA-1) is $300-$400 and with that you select a plan according
to your accuracy needs: 1 centimeter to 1 meter
Plans are available in increments from hourly to yearly. The Catalyst is
supposedly fairly good compared to it's industrial bigger bredren (less than an
inch offset in survery results). You'll need an Android device to use the
receiver, as it has no screen.

If you want to roll your own RTK solution, then there's a Taiwanese company
that will sell you receivers and basestations for a few hundred dollars each.
https://www.polaris-gnss.com/