Everyone should know that margarine is poison. Butter rules!

On 6/9/2020 7:28 AM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
This reminds me of cell phone RF safety studies.  Or butter vs margarine.  What kind of diet is best.

Always nice to have strong clearly convincing outcomes.  Those are rare.

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: we were snookered

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:37 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com

I'm not really sure what the complaint is.  The authors said, "we can't double check this data, therefore it isn't good enough."  They held their own study to a high standard, it failed, and they retracted it.  It would have been better if they hadn't published it, but nevertheless they were willing to admit a mistake.

Keep in mind there are hundreds of studies and clinical trials under way.  If a few get thrown out there will still be a strong body of evidence.  As of right now the evidence is still saying that hydroxychloroquine is not effective as a treatment, but there is reason to hope that it might work as a preventative.  If the completion of more studies leads to a different stronger conclusion then of course we should accept that. It's baffling to me that medical studies became a political topic in the US, so I'm choosing to believe it really isn't one.

I'm not interested in discussing riots or protests here.  Facebook is littered with it.