The Cambium one is $12 at Baltic.  The Tycon is at least twice the money.  Is it twice as good?

On 6/30/2020 4:31 PM, SmarterBroadband wrote:

We use these.   Just about to order more, unhappy to hear they have been discontinued!!!

So, yes what do people use with 450b High Gain….

Adam

*From:* AF [mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Ken Hohhof
*Sent:* Monday, June 29, 2020 1:18 PM
*To:* 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* [AFMUG] POE-24iR-CI discontinued?

Anybody else use this part, either the Tycon or Laird version?  Has it been discontinued?  If so, what are you using instead?

I guess I could use Cambium’s N000900L001C, but the current indicator feature has been very useful on trouble calls.  “Is the LED on the POE lit?  Is it green or yellow?”

I’ve never been sure how useful the surge protection is on the Tycon POEs.  You really don’t want to open one up, they’re a rats nest inside.