I had retinal surgery due to a soccer ball in the eye when I was 12. I
spent 3 weeks in the hospital and then 2 more weeks after surgery not even
being able to read..... I feel for you Jaime. Speedy recovery.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 10:22 AM Jaime Solorza <losguyswirel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> No idea...I had Retinal surgery on right eye after kickboxing match...it
> was not a tear...just weak retina... procedure was different....I was in
> hospital, knocked out and recovery was a week....ended my fighting days ...
> This procedure was two fold..laser on Saturday and Gas bubble thing with
> laser on Monday...mild anethesia on Saturday, heavier on Monday...face was
> numb for a day...
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 9:38 AM Bill Prince <part15...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Wow. That sounds amazing. Any idea how long this procedure has been
>> around?
>>

>> bp
>> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
>>

>> On 7/20/2020 8:32 AM, Jaime Solorza wrote:
>>
>> Surgery Overview
>>
>> Pneumatic retinopexy is a surgery to repair certain types of retinal
>> detachments
>> <https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/multimedia/retinal-detachments/hw141823.html#hw141823-sec>.
>> It is usually an outpatient procedure
>> <https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/definition/outpatient-procedure/ty7374.html#ty7374-sec>,
>> which means you don't need to stay in the hospital.
>>
>> Before surgery, your eye is numbed with local anesthesia
>> <https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/definition/local-anesthesia/stg124289.html#stg124289-sec>.
>> Then the eye doctor (ophthalmologist
>> <https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/definition/ophthalmologist/ps2055.html#ps2055-sec>)
>> injects a gas bubble into the middle of the eye. Your head is positioned so
>> that the bubble floats to the detached area and presses against the
>> detachment. The eye doctor then seals the tear in the retina
>> <https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/definition/tear-in-the-retina/abp5101.html#abp5101-sec>
>>  using
>> a freezing probe or laser beam
>> <https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/special/freezing-probe-or-laser-beam/hw187615.html#hw187615-sec>
>> .
>>
>> The bubble helps to flatten the retina
>> <https://www.uwhealth.org/health/topic/definition/retina/str2425.html#str2425-sec>
>>  until
>> a seal forms between the retina and the wall of the eye. This takes about 1
>> to 3 weeks. The eye slowly absorbs the gas bubble.
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 18, 2020, 9:08 AM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jaime, how are the eyes doing?  Are you back to normal activities?
>>>

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wF7zc_YK6A
>>>

>>> --

*Sam Lambie*
Taosnet Wireless Tech.