I put the eggs in the pot first, then add water, then bring to a boil, then 13 minutes from start of boil I pull them off the stove and quench them in cold water.

No trauma to the shells since they were already in the pot rather than dropping them into the boiling water.

On 8/11/2020 10:57 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

Steve, start with eggs cold or room temperature?  14 minutes sounds like a long time, I haven’t made them in a while, but I’m thinking more like 11.

Also inevitably at least one would crack and leak, sometimes rather dramatically.  That might also have been from using cold eggs right out of the fridge.

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *David Coudron
*Sent:* Tuesday, August 11, 2020 9:35 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Ot: illinois boiled eggs 14 minutes

D@m^it.   Probably better you don’t tell me, not sure I could handle the temptation.

Seriously, when we were kids, every extended family gathering someone would make deviled eggs, and you watched to see which aunt brought them each time, because some made way better ones than others.   Ah, the days of family buffets and over eating.   May never see that again……

Regards,

David Coudron