Air gapped remote. I know one company that physically unplugs a drive and sets it on the shelf every day rotating them with 6 others.

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke
Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 2:04 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] Backup Solutions

Hearing more and more about all the ransom-ware attacks, what is the
best method these days to do pc/server backups.  Just backing up to a
remote storage disk isn't enough anymore, since as long as it's
connectable from the machine, it can get locked too.  I only have a
couple Standalone ESXi servers, and a handful of physical machines.
Probably <10tb max across everything.  One of the cloud providers like
Backblaze would be the simplest, start the software and just let it
run.  Is there a local NAS that would do something similar without
breaking the bank, or taking hours to configure?  Just curios what the
new 'best practice' backup policy is.