Yes, like a nice thunderstorm will take out DBS TV.
Launches cost nothing.  It is all R&D experimental cost for SpaceX.

From: Bill Prince
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 3:28 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] starlink

Are you thinking about rain fade? I don't know what the rain density is as you
go up in the atmosphere, but I think it should become less and less as the
altitude goes up. I'm sure someone has figured this out; especially other
satellite companies.

In the mean time, they are saying they already have 10,000 subscribers. A quick
back of the napkin calc says that's ~~ $5 million in up front fees, and $12
million annual recurring revenue. I'm sure a lot of those are comps of one kind
or another, but what the hey.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/04/spacex-starlink-satellite-internet-service-has-over-10000-users.html

I also wonder what it actually costs them to put up one bird. The amount they
charge is all over the map. I'm guessing the up front fees "might" cover one
launch.

bp