I seem to remember growing up that on the day after mothers day there was always a news report about the number of calls the phone company handled on Mothers day and what an amazing feat that was. When did that stop being a thing? I'm guessing in the world of voice now there's never a capacity problem. Equipment failure taking our a region, maybe, but even those seem very localized. When did Phone calls always just 'work'? It seems like just a couple years ago that WGN Radio finally got off of their 591 Choke exchange prefix.