Ash so heavy in Reno today, that you can see the grain in the particles. Looks like sand on the hood of the dark truck..

On 8/6/21 10:13 AM, Ryan Ray wrote:
Neat website. Smoke Forecast - FireSmoke.ca <https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/>

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 9:52 AM Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>> wrote:

    I found the satellite photos interesting.  If you watch the loop
    carefully when the clouds get right over the hot spot a tail
    develops like they are dumping water.
    *From:* Bill Prince
    *Sent:* Friday, August 6, 2021 10:47 AM
    *To:* af@af.afmug.com
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT Hey Bill

    We had that for quite some time last summer. Was not fun. In fact,
    we were also evacuated for the CZU fire last August. PG&E installed
    a fire watch camera at our house after the CZU fire had settled
    down, and we've watched flare-ups from it for (now) almost a year.

    Get used to it. It won't stop until we burn it all.