Where do you get the foam sleeves?  Panduit?

On 9/3/2021 8:58 AM, Jesse Dupont wrote:
I personally think these are the way to go. Foam sleeve around the fiber, label
around the foam.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 3, 2021, at 6:46 AM, Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm curious about how people label 2mm and 3mm patch cables (or 900um for that
matter).

After a lot of evolution through labels that like to fall off or get in the
way, our current method is to cut a section of plastic drinking straw a little
longer than the labels.  Slit the straw lengthwise.  Then wrap that straw onto
the cable and wrap a self laminating label around the straw.  The straw piece
can slide around to wherever you need it to be visible, or to move it out of
the way if it'll snag something.  The straw also gives some extra diameter so
the label can go on lengthwise and still be readable. The outcome is very nice,
but it's time consuming.

What other methods do we like?

I haven't tried heat shrink labels, but I'm assuming you can't get tubing big
enough to pass an SC connector that will shrink onto a 2mm cable. Maybe I'm
wrong.