An F550 doesn't require a CDL, just a DOT physical. Avoid bucket vans at
all costs. While they are typically cheaper than trucks,
they have a lot more maintenance issues. I prefer F550 bucket trucks with
the 42ft, 3 section booms as they are more versatile.
You typically have to go with a F550 to get the larger booms but I've seen
them on F450s as well with outriggers. Another
thing I look for is an insulated boom. While we don't technically need it,
it's just extra insurance to protect employees from not
paying attention.

For most WISP/FISP operations, I just don't see the advantage of larger,
CDL bucket trucks.