On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 03:18:12PM -0500, dmmoff...@gmail.com wrote:
[...]
> The issue isn't having a technology to use, it's about having a way to
> present the NOC with a pane of glass to see and troubleshoot those
> connections without having to be router experts.  At least if they can see
> that it's up or down and maybe run a test of some kind and then only
> escalate to engineering if there's an issue.

If you want this and L2, you should seriously look at ZeroTier.  As long
as the end points have Internet connectivity, they'll show up on the
network overview page with IP address, etc.

You can hand out addresses for the ZT side of things from there as well.

They have self-hosted versions, but I haven't run one yet.