From: Darin Steffl
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2022 6:27 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Cc: Chuck McCown
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT mildly political

I just want more compromise between the two major parties. If Dems could learn
to spend less and Republicans would stop attacking marginalized people, we'd
have a fairly normal government.

I'm also not a fan of how easy it is to buy guns. I know plenty of far right
nut jobs that make me nervous knowing they have a stockpile of guns and ammo.
The majority of mass shootings in the US are committed by white males and most
of them lean far right. I don't see many liberals out there committing mass
shootings.

It should be harder to buy a gun than to buy a car, get a license, adopt a
child, get a loan, become a cop, etc. Everyone should have extensive training
with target shooting and a psych eval. If anyone threatens violence verbally or
in writing, they should immediately lose the right to possess a firearm. Make
it possible but difficult to own guns and the violence will decrease. Destroy
guns that are found during crimes, offer buyback programs, etc to start
dwindling the supply. Strict gun control works in other countries and it can
work here too.

How many more people need to keep dying before the "pro-life" party gets off
their ass and does something about it?! If they claim it's a mental health
problem, then they should support psych evals in order to own firearms.