How much is your time worth. The free internal server is costing you this.
We are still using rackspace for subscriber mail and our office emails
since its same domain and a pita to set up split routing for the mail. The
cost of our mail is covered by the folks who have dropped service but
wanted to keep their email, we actually make a tidy profit to cover any
administrative stuff.

for my business I use google. 6 bucks a month per user. The way I look at
it is if im not making 6 bucks per guy a month I have bigger problems than
my email. Im a nerd, 20 years ago dicking around with email servers would
have been a blast. but now its like maintaining a battery powered inverter
just so i can still use my corded drill. I can, it will work, its not that
complicated, but its nonetheless a dumb waste of time.

dealing with hosting email servers is a total waste of any resources unless
your monetizing it. too large an attack vector