Tetris

True story.  I really enjoyed it.  I think I watched it on Apple.

Alexey Pajitnov, the guy the created Tetris came to my company in Illinois in the early to mid 1990s checking on a development project I was doing for a company in Petaluma. It was called Marin Telemanagement Corporation. MTC That is where I got the name for my company, McCown Technology Corporation. MTC. So my main customer was also MTC.

But I digress, he introduced himself, and said he had 15 minutes of fame once as he wrote Tetris. I was not terribly aware of the game, I had seen it once at a university computer lab. Later HP sold me an oscilloscope with a Tetris Easter Egg.

At least that is what the guy told me. He was Russian. It was right after the real guy immigrated. I am choosing to believe him.