From: "Mark - Myakka Technologies" <m...@mailmt.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2023 4:57:29 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] BGP Question

I have the new 2016 in and programmed up. But I'm still dealing with more
immediate issues.

We are taking a mix of full or partial routes from our providers. The issue
seems to be when one line gets cut, it takes a bit for our old routers to
recalculate the tables.

Should I just take default routes? That way there is a lot less math needed
when a line goes down. I'm assuming inbound BGP will still be optimized for
shorted path. How will that work for the two IX's we connect to? Are they smart
enough to calculate best path even if the traffic comes from outside the IX.

--
Best regards,
Mark mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Communications