Yes, and no.

The modbus protocol defines how to move data between two devices.  However,
the contents of the data being passed is vendor-defined and there aren't
any industry standards I'm aware of (although it wouldn't surprise me if
there were).

Every vendor that produces a modbus-capable device usually publishes some
sort of guide to the modbus registers for each device.   For instance, a
quick google search turned up this document:

https://www.vertiv.com/4ac5f2/globalassets/products/monitoring-control-and-management/monitoring/modbus-protocol-for-bdsu-reference-guide.pdf

"modbus register map" or "modbus communication guide" or simply "modbus"
when added to your vendor or product name often will turn up the right
document.

Just FYI, A couple of years ago, I would have suggested you provide me with
the vendor of the equipment, and I'd make you a firmware load for the
sitemonitor serial module to be able to read this, but that codebase needs
to be re-written to support the base 3.   At some point in the future I'm
going to resume doing those requests in which case you'd end up with a
module which pulls data from this device.   Doesn't help you right now
though.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 10:25 AM <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it likely that AC meters for monitoring circuits or subpanels have a
> standard message format?

- Forrest