From: Trey Scarborough
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2024 9:52 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] compensation for employees

I have always found one of the best ways is to provide better benifits/perks.
As others have said 401k match is a good one, but if that's not something most
your employees would be interested in. Fully paid health insurance can be one,
also send them to training or a tradeshow. Even welders like to go to a
tradeshow and gawk at all the new equipment...

One of the best I found was catered lunches. We would have a day or two a week
we would bring in food from a good restaurant or order some good steaks and
grill them. It was also good as it got everyone together.

Another thing is give them a budget to go and buy whatever tools/equipment/etc
that you can write off and let them keep it personally. Works great for labor
workers and IT staff. The more mechanical inclined typically went out and buy
nice tools and the others typically would get a laptop, or build a gaming rig.