Don’t you have to log transmitter power each day?

From: CBB - Jay Fuller
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2024 3:53 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Cc: ch...@go-mtc.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fw: NBC News: Alabama station in disbelief after 200-foot
radio tower stolen

It's in our neighboring county.  Been there, know the guy, know the station.
For those of you who don't know, I operate a LPFM in our home county (since
2014)

1)  Ok, why on EARTH is this viral?  Like internationally viral?

2)  For all the backstory  / scuttlebutt you could ever want (and not even on
facebook) :

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/threads/wjlx-200-tower-reported-stolen.769741

3)  Ok, so chop chop the guy wires, the tower thuds on the ground and you just
unscrew it in 10 foot sections
just like a rohn25, no?  I don't know how "no one" knew it was missing tho.
Clearly no one listens to that AM,
except for the locals, who say it has been off air for at least 5 years.

In my home county we have two licensed AMS,  1340 and 1460.  1460 has been off
air for at least 5 years,
but never filed as silent and still shows as licensed.  1340 signed off last
week - the property had been abandoned,
seized for unpaid taxes, auctioned from the federal government (all by the guy
currently running it), and now it's being
sold for a development of houses.  Good for them.....

Promise you lots of other AMS feeding fm translators where the AMs are also
silent....