Linux version 5.6 implemented a 64-bit patch that supports 32-bit architectures.  This has been in use for 4 years.  My boss hyperventilated a lot about Y2k and I kept telling him the problem was not going to happen and to stop getting butt-aches over it. News media wouldn't have a story if they can't drum up fear.

On 2/12/24 18:14, Bill Prince wrote:

Bigger question is if a monkey would kiss Ken.

On 2/12/2024 5:10 PM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
Would you kiss a monkey though?
*From:* Ken Hohhof
*Sent:* Monday, February 12, 2024 5:48 PM
*To:* 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT 2038 Linux

Had to look that up, but yes.

But from a less selfish standpoint, with all the stuff going on in the world right now, it seems like there are bigger problems that need solving between now and 2038.  If my kids are still around in 2038 (and apes or cockroaches or space aliens don’t rule the world), I hope the worst problem they face is whether Linux has a date rollover problem.  Rather than being like Charlton Heston shouting you bastards, you finally did it, you blew it up!