I have a few servers that need to send error notifications. Trying to keep
Google accepting those notifications was a real struggle, even when using
TLS + SMTP AUTH. They seem to have set up some options recently, but I
moved those to a third-party mail provider before those became an option so
I don't know if they've fixed this.

I'm looking at options for the next firmware update where a purchaser can
either use their own infrastructure or something we provide.  How much of
"something we provide" is free vs paid or even if we go down this path is
still very much up in the air.

- Forrest