I installed an adapter kit for these folks over the summer to get their
built in opener in their car to work with the one in their garage, it was a
tranciever that plugged into the wall outlet, I assume it was two circuits,
one for communicating with the opener and one for the car.
I suppose you could get something like that and just pair your current
opener to it

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you