From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of George Skorup (Cyber
Broadcasting) via Af
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:41 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] System Release 13.2 is Official

I guess I get to talk about this now. Some of the new A/B (minus FSK, connector
anyway) 5GHz APs were built with the internal jumpers reversed. We put up some
new sectors and noticed the beacon power was very weak.. because it was on
horizontal, not vertical! This is bad for 430 interop, and obviously just as
bad for 450 pre-13.2.. weak beacon, interference.. no worky.

So yeah, now the beacon is on both polarities. And if you have an AP with
reversed jumpers + 430 SMs, you'll have to use MIMO-A 430 interop mode (which I
believe is now the default) instead of SISO. Obviously with MIMO you get 3dB
less beacon power, and for 450 it doesn't matter, for 430 it might depending on
noise levels, etc.

Shit happens.