Yeah, buy a full carton/case and sell the stuff you don’t need to others or 
just keep them on the shelf for a future project.  
Nothing at all wrong with grade B panels.  

I would not buy grade C panels unless I got to sort through them and test them 
personally.

From: Eric Kuhnke via Af 
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:20 PM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Chuck: $/watt for solar panels

The shipping price for a pallet with five panels on it is pretty much the same 
as a cube-shaped pallet of 20 panels...  Your $/watt goes up a lot on five 
panels when you consider a $250-300 shipping cost on top of the per unit cost.

sunelec.com usually has good prices on 230 to 300W size panels. Less costly for 
off-grid applications, some with cosmetic "grade B" imperfections.


On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Chuck McCown via Af <[email protected]> wrote:

  I kinda am/was.  Mostly I just shop around online like everyone else.  You 
normally have to take a truckload to get a good deal.  I like to pay 60 cents 
per watt.  70 cents can be found frequently if you buy in quantity. You are 
looking for about 5 panels. You will probably have to pay 80 cents.

  -----Original Message----- From: Jerry Richardson via Af
  Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:31 PM
  To: [email protected]
  Subject: [AFMUG] Chuck: $/watt for solar panels 


  Check,

  Aren't you a solar panel dealer now?



  Pricing out a 1200w panel system, not sure what would be considered a good
  price.


Reply via email to