Well the latest NPRM says half of the band will be for general access.
I *think* what I'm seeing is the other half would be PAL, but you could
use it for general access if nobody buys the PAL. I could be wrong.
As far as auctions:
"Exclusive spectrum rights for Priority Access subject to licensing by
auction in the event
of mutually exclusive applications"
Maybe you could get lucky and be the only one to apply for a certain
census block.
No idea, but I hope the cost per year per census tract for a PAL will
be low enough to afford but high enough to discourage squatting. I
also wonder how they will deal with geographically adjacent licenses,
obviously radio waves don't stop at the edge of a census tract.
I assume if someone has a PAL but the database doesn't see any active
APs, then general access licensees would be able to temporarily use
that 10 MHz of spectrum in that census tract.
-----Original Message----- From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:41 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [AFMUG] CBRS license cost
http://www.fcc.gov/rulemaking/12-148
I'm going to need some of that extra 100mhz in the near future.
Does anyone happen to know what the license cost will be for either the
general or priority tiers?
Does the FCC even know yet?
Better yet....when will we be able to buy a license?