Funny I did this just the past weekend.  New 6+, had it for a week and
the screen died.  I had done the initial setup via itunes.  Went to
apple store, got phone replaced, they kicked off the icloud backup
restore there.  I think what they are telling people is to do a
restore there to get the phone working (with only the basic settings
pulled down and app placeholders) then load the rest when they get
home back on wifi.  Did that, which pulled down pics and apps and
music and yadda yadda and took several hours on a 30Mbps TWC conx and
my phone isn't really that bloated.

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Ken Hohhof <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've had several complaints that customers will replace their iPhones
> (sometimes the whole family at once) and the new phones will just go forever
> trying to download all their apps, meanwhile their Internet is slow and they
> can't do mission critical things like watch Netflix.
>
> People will then say they took their new phones to work and the apps
> finished downloading within an hour.
>
> Is this a common problem and is it just that the phones are downloading so
> many gigabytes that you need a superfast Internet connection for it to
> finish within a reasonable time?
>
> Is there some trick (other than telling people not to sync their new phones
> on Sunday evening) to making this work right?
>

Reply via email to