From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Ken Hohhof
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2015 7:22 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Comcast vs. HBO Go on PS4?

Based just on a quick Google search (so I could be mistaken), this appears to
be total bullshit.  This is how HBO Go describes itself on their website:

“Get unlimited access to all your favorite HBO® shows, hit movies, sports,
comedy and more, plus bonus features and behind-the-scenes extras. It’s all
free with your HBO subscription through participating television providers and
available on your favorite devices.”

In other words, it’s exactly the same as complaining that a WISP doesn’t “give”
its customers ESPN3.

HBO Go appears not to be an OTT service with individual subscriptions.  It
appears to be an extra, Internet based service that comes only with HBO from a
cable provider.  So the complaint appears to be that Comcast has not offered
HBO Go to its cable customers who have HBO.  It seems to me that is different
from “blocking” HBO Go to your Internet customers, as the article claims.