We are looking at other ways to sell bandwidth. Looking at the big guys and
how their speeds are all over the map during peak times, but you seem to
get a decent chunk of the pie during peak times is interesting as a
business model.

What if you sell up to 30 mbps with a CIR of 2 mbps, leave all the SM's at
unlimited throttling. That way if a customer is one of the only users on
the AP sucking down bandwidth, they would see the 30 mbps. Makes them happy
to see very fast speeds during non peak times. Obviously, during peak
times, 7pm to 12 am, they would be guaranteed their 2 mbps. Kind of like
what Verizon and ATT do in bigger cities.

- Has anyone done something like this? Does it work well?
- How well does the AP handle load balancing as subscribers use the
available wireless bandwidith? We would like to stack AP's to lower the
overall SM count on each AP to keep the CIR within available bandwidth.
Say, put max 40 users on each AP at 2 mbps CIR.
- If one of the stacked AP's fails and the SM's jump to the other one, what
happens if the CIR is greater than the sum of the AP?

*Sam Lambie*
Taosnet Wireless Tech.
575-758-7598 Office
www.Taosnet.com <http://www.newmex.com>