Cheaper, but only because I'd have to buy a battery as well and I wouldn't have 
any "intelligence" advantage of plugging it into a Mikrotik box. I forgot that 
if I wanted intelligence, I'd have to upgrade the switch as the 260GSP wouldn't 
have USB nor the APC package. 




----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 
http://www.ics-il.com 



----- Original Message -----

From: "George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting)" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 3:54:36 PM 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cheap Small Cold Friendly UPS 

For something that small, I would get a Mean Well AD-55A (12VDC/50W) or the 55B 
if your stuff will handle the >27V float voltage. The last ones we bought were 
like $25 each, from Powergate, IIRC. Cheaper and more reliable than a crappy 
little APC UPS. 


On 4/11/2015 11:47 AM, Mike Hammett wrote: 



Is the cold-shutoff a "feature" of the pro line? 




----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 
http://www.ics-il.com 



----- Original Message -----

From: "Ken Hohhof" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 11:45:44 AM 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cheap Small Cold Friendly UPS 




APC BK500. Replace the battery every 3 years, don’t wait for it to go bad. 




From: Mike Hammett 
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 11:24 AM 
To: Animal Farm 
Subject: [AFMUG] Cheap Small Cold Friendly UPS 


I'm looking for a cheap, small, cold friendly UPS. Basically, an APC Back-UPS 
before they put in the cold temp cut-out. Something to power an RB260GSP with a 
couple PoE powered devices (camera, WiFi AP, etc.) off of it for a couple 
hours. We're talking a 20 watt load at max, so a dedicated DC plant like one 
would do for a tower would be overkill. 

Recommendations? 




----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 
http://www.ics-il.com 








Reply via email to