I have cooked more than one power supply this way....I could draw you a
schematic diagram illustrating why for certain power supply designs hooking
up another voltage source is a bad idea.

That said, many, if not most, modern power supplies don't care, especially
those designed to be paralleled paralleledn.  But you should check with the
manufacturer to be sure.