I still have a couple of registrations sitting pending, but supposedly they
are still going through.... I think the FCC is just behind because of
everyone trying to get in before the 4/17 deadline.

I would expect we will be hearing more once the SAS is online, yeah.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Brett A Mansfield <
[email protected]> wrote:

> This is excellent, thank you.  I assume that we will learn more as the SAS
> comes online? And are any of the registrations going through now? Last time
> I registered a link it took 2 months and I had to hound the FCC a lot about
> it until they finally just did it so I'd stop annoying them.
>
> Thank you,
> Brett A Mansfield
>
> On May 20, 2015, at 2:59 PM, Mathew Howard <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> There's been some pretty good discussions on the WISPA list... here's what
> I've been able to decipher:
>
> Yes, you can still use 3.65
> Yes, you can still register links
> Yes, you still need a license - you actually have to already have one to
> use 3.65 at this point, since the FCC isn't issuing anymore licenses under
> the old rules, but that would just be your existing NN license (assuming
> you have one - which you do if you've ever registered anything in 3.65)
> No, you can't use 3.55-3.65 yet - we have to wait until equipment is
> available and the SAS is up and running.
> You can keep using links that are already there as long as you want to...
> there will be some changes in 2020, but as far as I can tell we won't ever
> have to take down existing links. anything that was registered before April
> 17th (and actually installed by 4/17/2016) gets special protected status
> from gear that's operating under the new rules.
>
> For the most part, nothing really changes for now - you can/have to keep
> registering everything in ULS the same as always and you can keep using the
> same equipment. When the SAS is in place and some radios support it, things
> will change.
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Brett A Mansfield <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Anyone know much about the new FCC rules on 3.5GHz? I have read article
>> after article and still don't really understand what is going on. I know of
>> a 3-tier system and a GAA, but nothing elaborates on it.
>>
>> My questions are:
>>
>> Can I still use 3.65?
>> Can I still register new links?
>> Do I still need a license?
>> If so, how to obtain said license for new links?
>> Can I use the newly available 3.5-3.65 GHz now?
>> I do have a few links already registered. What will happen with those?
>>
>> I'm not completely dumb (I don't think), but I certainly don't speak
>> legal. I need a clear explanation dumbed down to my level of understanding
>> (maybe I'm dumber than I think).
>>
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Brett A Mansfield
>>
>
>

Reply via email to