We have Mikrotiks at all customer sites and we make these types of changes
in the firewall before it
hits the radio on both sides.

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Ken Hohhof <[email protected]> wrote:

>   > It's always our fault.
>
> scape·goat
> ˈskāpˌɡōt/
> *noun*
> noun: *scapegoat*; plural noun: *scapegoats*
>  *1*.
>  (in the Bible) a goat sent into the wilderness after the Jewish chief
> priest had symbolically laid the sins of the people upon it (Lev. 16).
>
>    -  a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of
>    others, especially for reasons of expediency.
>      synonyms: whipping boy;
>    -
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: George Skorup
> Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2015 11:17 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] ePMP VoIP QoS
>
> I disagree. This is exactly what Canopy does. DSCP12/AF is sent over the
> HP channel. Look at the default DiffServ table and see for yourself.
> Many managed switches are set up exactly the same way, except they have
> more queues, and Canopy only has MIR and HP. Well, there's LP CIR, but
> lets not get into that. ePMP just has "priority" which I assume means
> priority over everything else.
>
> I need a way to correct stupid manufacturer's mistakes (Grandstream
> being the worst offender). Lots of their devices ALWAYS send SIP packets
> as DSCP12 and this CANNOT be changed. Or the other one I mentioned, the
> GXP phones have one DSCP setting and this changes both SIP and RTP. I'm
> disgusted with their stupidity, but unfortunately it has to be supported
> because those devices aren't going away.
>
> It's totally doable and Cambium could add it by default, saving me time
> configuring every radio with it. Or just make DiffServ on ePMP
> work/configure like Canopy.
>
> I don't care what's wrong or right. I care about shit working right now
> and customers not being pissy.
>
> So the burden falls on the network as usual. It's always our fault.
> Sometimes I just don't know how I haven't murdered people. If I drank,
> it would probably happen. And I'm finding myself agreeing with that one
> guy Steve every other day now. Stupidity has no limit.
>
> On 6/6/2015 10:31 PM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
> >> Yo Cambium, you need to add DSCP 12 (Assured Forwarding) in addition to
> >> DSCP 46 (Expedited Forwarding) to the default VoIP priority
> >> configuration.
> > That would be a mistake and the wrong thing to do.
> >
> >> We're finding more devices sending SIP packets as AF and
> >> RTP as EF.
> > When a device is mis-configured, why should the burden of dealing with
> that mis-configurtion as a default fall on another device
> >
> > There is plenty of flexibility to override the wrong setup of a device,
> if that is they way you want to correct it in your radios...
> > (Which by all standards would be the wrong way to fix it...but more
> power to you).
> >
> > Two wrongs don't make a right..
> >
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> >
> > Faisal Imtiaz
> > Snappy Internet & Telecom
> > 7266 SW 48 Street
> > Miami, FL 33155
> > Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232
> >
> > Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected]
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> >> From: "George Skorup" <[email protected]>
> >> To: [email protected]
> >> Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2015 10:27:05 PM
> >> Subject: [AFMUG] ePMP VoIP QoS
> >>
> >> Yo Cambium, you need to add DSCP 12 (Assured Forwarding) in addition to
> >> DSCP 46 (Expedited Forwarding) to the default VoIP priority
> >> configuration. We're finding more devices sending SIP packets as AF and
> >> RTP as EF. AF isn't prioritized and out-of-band signaling (prompts, etc)
> >> are sent as SIP messages so sometimes these are getting dropped, not to
> >> mention registrations, invites, etc. And more devices are stupid (mostly
> >> Grandstream), they only let you set ONE priority value for the entire
> >> device. These are coming default as DSCP12/AF. I've tried to get
> >> everyone to change this to 46, but they don't remember.
> >>
> >> Or just apply the whole Canopy DiffServ table. We've never had to change
> >> any of those code points. Turn HP on, it just works.
> >>
>
>

Reply via email to