I built a video game, a game of tag, that was in Popular Electronics back in 1975 I think. Never could get the thing to work right but it cost about $70 in parts. I finally sent it to my uncle who worked for Sola and one of his engineers made some type of design changes and sent it back working. I still have it. Never did realize that revolution that was coming.
Rory From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 5:36 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Halt and Catch Fire Yep :) Green and yellow screens of death oh and a good game of pong on an upright console LOL I did a report on how video games came into being and a Turkish man working on a sonar project found that he could manipulate the dot on the scope and the rest becomes history. Hello ATARI On 06/08/2015 02:43 PM, Chuck McCown wrote: It loosely follows a similar story line to some computer startups in Texas in the 1980s.� Perhaps Compaq or Pheonix.� This season they are following an on-line gaming story line but they are muffing some of the telco modem line detail.� � Marginally entertaining if you have ever been part of a high tech startup (which almost everyone here has been).� � From: David<mailto:[email protected]> Sent: Monday, June 08, 2015 1:40 PM To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Halt and Catch Fire � Ok, gimme the low down on what this show is about.. I have some previews but thats al. looks interesting On 06/08/2015 02:30 PM, Chuck McCown wrote: Some of the technical detail errors make it hard to enjoy.�
