We have used http://www.homedepot.com/p/DIG-1-2-in-x-500-ft-Poly-Drip-Tubing-B37/100163329

Lay it out on the pavement on a warm day to make it loose the twisties. Suck a string through with a vacuum and then pull a cable through it.

You an push cable through as well but I have never gotten more than 150 feet before I had to cut the tube. Couplings are cheap: http://www.homedepot.com/p/DIG-1-2-in-0-700-O-D-Compression-Coupling-C33/100112407

We had this snaked through blackberry bushes with a healthy rodent population for several years. The only thing that ever got through was the home-owners wife pushing hot embers over the retaining wall the cable ran along the bottom of. Melty fun.

ryan