Ok, so maybe Chuck likes blue for -48 hot too. I based this on the blues in a cat5 being the line 1 POTS pair. Seems legit. ;)

On 6/29/2015 4:47 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
There are many opinions about this.
-48 seems to be red in many installations with black being return.
Just this morning, I was in a telco installation that had the red as the return and black as the -48. I prefer to have -48 as blue and black as return but that is a very old Automatic Electric standard.

What does red mean to you:
Hot
-or-
Positive

Because in a -48 system, hot is -48 and return is positive.

-----Original Message----- From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 3:35 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] wire color standards

in DC I've been doing red for positive and black for negative for my
entire life.....read that in a book when I was in elementary school.

Do they do things differently with -48?  It just occurred to me that a
different color code would be an easy way to alert people that they're
seeing positive ground.