From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of That One Guy /sarcasm
Sent: Friday, July 3, 2015 8:54 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] good cheap media converter

We have a new site going live at a grain elevator, its a trade out for service.
I dont want to waste spectrum serving them 10x10, Im approved for overhead
cable. This is old power so I dont want to do copper even with surge
suppression.

We have a handful of 24 port hp procurves with SFP that are idle, but thats a
lot of switch just to serve a landlord.

Is there a good cheap media converter for fiber that would work here. Cheap
being key, these switches are link 1500 a piece, but theyre already paid for,
so the cheap on the converters is basically competing with zero. We do need to
be able to monitor them, preferrably with a web interface and SNMP