From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Lewis Bergman
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2015 6:20 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Tower abandonment

It might not have an abandonment clause, but it likely does have a default
clause.  My standard one is below. If the land owner wants it fully legal he
should pay a lawyer to exercise in writing the default clause and notify the
party that he is taking the property. Hopefully that is covered by the default
terms. You likely would have to file a suit if they don't respond seeking a
summary judgement awarding them the tower.

Obviously I am not a lawyer so I could be way off. I will say that last year I
purchased an easement on a property that had a 300 foot tower on it. The tower
had been abandoned by a broadcaster more than a decade earlier. Title to the
land was split by more than 40 relatives. I signed it with the one relative
that owned 50% and decided for the $2000 I paid for the easement and the other
$3000 it would cost me to get it ready to use, that it was worth the risk of
someone coming back and saying they owned it in 5 years. Since I am paying the
taxes on it as well (filed my rendition) in another couple of years I could try
to make a case for squatter's rights although they strictly don't apply in this
case.

All of that to say, If you weigh the risk and reward, it should be clearly in
your favor then it is worth it.

C) Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default, Licensor shall have and may
pursue all rights
and remedies  permitted by applicable  law, including but not limited to the
following:
1.   Upon the expiration of the notice period under Section 13 a or b, Licensor
may declare to be immediately due and payable,  without  regard  to any early
termination of such Term on account  of an Event of Default  or other right  to
terminate this Agreement, a sum
equal to (i) all License Fees and other charges, payments, costs and expenses
due from Licensee to Licensor and in arrears at the time  of the Event of
Default.  plus (ii) the License Fees reserved  for the then entire unexpired
balance of the Term of this Agreement (taken  without  regard  to any early
termination of the Term). plus all other charges, payments,  costs and ex
penses herein agreed to be paid by Licensee up to the end of such Term which
shall be capable of precise determination at the time  of the Event of Default.
 less any amounts  received  or that  with reasonable  effort  could be
received  by Licensor's reasonable  efforts  to mitigate damages;  or
  2.  whether  or not Licensor has elected  to recover  sum set forth  in (i)
above, terminate this Agreement on the five (5) days' notice under Section 13 a
orb to Licensee and, on the date specified  in such notice, this Agreement and
the Term hereby  demised  and all rights of Licensee hereunder  shall expire
and terminate and Licensee shall thereupon quit and surrender possession of the
Demised Premises to Licensor in the condition elsewhere  herein  required  and
Licensee shall remain  liable to Licensor as herein provided; or

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 11:22 PM, Rory Conaway