If one side is hardcoded, both sides must be hard coded.

Otherwise, possibly just a bog standard Ethernet incompatibility.  Try a
different NIC, if you can.  Or just a cable issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Tim Reichhart
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:25 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] MT dismatch duplex

Guys
have you ever ran into MT dismatch duplex before? Because right now I am having
issues been upstream provider switch that is running adva 825 switch and they
have port 5 hard coded to 100meg full duplex and I have x86 machine that have
intel gigabit nic cards in it and everytime I run an speedtest I get flip flop
results on my 100/100 fiber connection. Anyway to fix this stupid issue because
I have tried hard coding it on mt x86 and still flip flop results on the
speedtest.

Tim