My understanding has always been that you need 4+ satellites to get an initial
timing lock, but then, so long as you keep at least one, you’ll keep that
timing lock.

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Bill Prince
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:08 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] GPS Timing

That's what I thought too. Once one of these little beggars has been online for
a half hour or more, the location should be "set" so to speak. I would then
expect them to hold time sync even with 1 satellite in view. Knowing that the
location is static and unmoving, I would expect that maintaining time lock
would be gravy.

Sadly, this does not seem to be the case.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>