I have a father in law that is 18 miles from an ePMP tower run by a local WISP.

Per a text message from the FIL; "all they could get was a -78 with a large offset reflector."

I texted back and asked if they could just use a connectorized radio and a dish.

I guess the tech was 'in the zone' and did not think of that. Since I am more used to UBNT stuff, what is the largest production dish I could advise the FIL to get to help these guys out?

They offered the Force 110 dish but I am sure there are some aftermarket dishes that provide more gain.

Advice?

ryan

PS, I know the guys that run the WISP read this list-serv. You guys are doing a great job. Good luck getting all that maintenance done before the snow flies!

--
D. Ryan Spott | NGC457, llc
broadband | telco | colo | communities