I wonder why that China module is 50Ah.. while the C&D provides such a
higher energy density. 170Ah..

 

Peter Kranz
 <http://www.unwiredltd.com/> www.UnwiredLtd.com
Desk: 510-868-1614 x100
Mobile: 510-207-0000
 <mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Eric Kuhnke
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 5:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Interesting battery backup development..

 

random thing from china:

http://jycbattery.en.alibaba.com/product/60242486785-801546525/New_4U_48V_50
Ah_Telecom_Backup_LiFePO4_Lithium_ion_polymer_Battery.html


search alibaba for 48V lithium ion and you will find more.


I am highly skeptical of the quality of the cells they're using, considering
the cost difference between "cheap" 18650 cells and Panasonic or Sony.



On 10/7/15 5:16 PM, Bill Prince wrote:



C&D Technologies: https://www.cdtechno.com/product/lithium/lithium.html



bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
 

On 10/7/2015 5:15 PM, Eric Kuhnke wrote:

I bet it's intended for electric buses and similar. Those are labeled CAN,
guessing CANbus

http://www.kvaser.com/about-can/the-can-protocol/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus


tl;dr: it's a messy clusterfuck networking standard that's worse than RS485
and doesn't speak IP


On 10/7/15 5:11 PM, Bill Prince wrote:



~~ 7,000 watt-hours. Not bad. Is it just a battery? What's available on the
two ethernet ports and USB port?




bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
 

On 10/7/2015 4:59 PM, Peter Kranz wrote:

Check this out.. 48V 160Ah Lithium battery module.. I�m thinking this
could be a very interesting alternative to our current telcom battery based
backup solution. I think I can double my run-time in a smaller form factor.
Looking into costs.

�



�

Peter Kranz
 <http://www.UnwiredLtd.com> www.UnwiredLtd.com
Desk: 510-868-1614 x100
Mobile: 510-207-0000
 <mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]

�

 

 

 

 

Reply via email to