Turns out I was wrong. The high side RSL drops to -99. So it looks like
the low side Tx is stalling and a reboot of that end only will resolve
it for a while. Guess we'll be replacing the low end.
On 10/7/2015 1:33 AM, George Skorup wrote:
For those of you that have had issues with the ExtendAir G2, what
exactly were your problems? I have a new 11GHz link that randomly sees
the BER go high in both directions and it drops out. RSL at both ends
is normal during this. It looks like multipath or interference, but a
reboot clears it up most of the time. The link was in an unavailable
state for about 10 minutes this afternoon. I rebooted both ends and it
was fine for a few hours. Then it happened again and I only rebooted
the Tx low end and it was fine after that. Now it appears to be taking
errors again, but there are no BER alarms or sync losses in the event
log... yet.
I have dropped the Tx power on both ends to zero for a fade test and
the modulation dropped a bit, but the BER was fine, so I don't think
this is interference from another system. Leaning towards one of the
radios being bad, just not sure which end yet. We've verified
alignment at each end twice now, so it's not that. RSL at each end is
also very close to what it should be, within 1-2dB.