This has been fun reading.

I love this list. Folks are smart and mostly polite and post some pretty well reasoned arguments on both sides of almost any issue. This is all the social media I need.

I did want to make a comment about the Illinois FOID card.

I was a hostage in a bank robbery back in about 1993 in Quincy Illinois. Once it was over and I got out of the bank, I learned that a co-worker had suffered some kind of stress attack and was in the hospital. That afternoon they were out of beds in some of the areas so that took him to the 5th floor. That is the psych floor.

Then, it turned out, anyone that gets admitted to a psych ward in Illinois gets reported to the FOID people.
They revoke the FOID card.

This guy was a big time hunter.  It just about killed him.
He got some pretty good press and got some political help. Hot his card back in about 6 weeks.

So, if you want to keep your FOID stay out of psych wards!