What are you finding that is not compatible with EL7?

CentOS is not going to fade into the oblivion.  It's probably the most
widely adopted distribution in US 'enterprise' environments (other than
RHEL it's self).  Red Hat also joined forces (officially) with CentOS early
last year [1].

[1]
https://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-and-centos-join-forces