The thought was to have a universal IP that was the same on every router
The loopback is the ospf id

Thats one thing im still working on as well is the crafty filtering to get
the router to always respond as a particular ip in a traceroute so i can
use public space and only use 1 ip instead of 4 per link. its doable, just
havent figured it out yet, i can id the traffic by ttl, but havent figured
out the policy route to associate with it