I have a MacBook air for my personal computer since it has excellent
battery life.

For work, we buy the techs ThinkPad T420 or X220 laptops with SSD drives.
They are very affordable used and rock solid. X220 has great battery life
too 5+ hours, not too heavy and plenty of power and ethernet port.

--
Darin Steffl
Minnesota WiFi