There are several vendors offering the database for TVWS.   The equipment 
manufacturer picks and contracts with the database vendor in TVWS.    For CBSD 
(3550-3700) the WISP will need to pick the database vendor.

Mark

Please note the mailing and shipping address change below:

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex
22690 Pemberville Rd
Luckey, OH 43443
419-837-5015 x1021
[email protected]

> On Feb 22, 2016, at 6:09 AM, Adam Moffett <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Does anyone know why the location service never happened?
> Were the feds supposed to do it, or did they need a private entity to do it?
> 
> On 2/21/2016 11:13 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
>> I will always wonder of the location database came from me.  I did an ex 
>> parte with the FCC years ago when this was first being discussed.  I wrote 
>> up a white paper describing the location database and how it would work.  
>> What they adopted was essentially exactly what I wrote up.  I added it being 
>> a profit center for the FCC where you would pay to play. 
>>  
>> That is not to say it was not an obvious solution that was undoubtedly 
>> thought of by many people at the same time. 
>>  
>> From: Josh Reynolds <mailto:[email protected]>
>> Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:00 PM
>> To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
>> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] TVWS
>>  
>> There was just an email about this a few weeks ago.
>> 
>> Consider it dead, it might as well be. All the gear is alpha crap with very 
>> low bandwidth and extremely high cost for the capabilities.
>> 
>> I believe the location database was never created either, but I'm not sure.
>> 
>> On Feb 21, 2016 8:32 PM, "John Woodfield" <[email protected] 
>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>> Is it dead? Anyone deploying it? Anyone besides Carson selling it?
>>  
>>  
>>  
>> John Woodfield, President
>> Delmarva WiFi Inc.
>> 410-870-WiFi
> 

Reply via email to